Enw'r sefydliad: SWWITCH and Sustrans
Cyflwynwyd: 22/10/2009 gan Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Busnes craidd y sefydliad: Regional Transport Consortia /Sustainable transport
- Beth fydd y prosiect yn ei wneud?: TravelSmart in South West Wales ? This innovative scheme will be the first of its kind in Wales. It will facilitate and encourage people to make ?smarter choices? about how they access services and facilities. SWWITCH will work with the sustainable transport charity, Sustrans, and Socialdata, a leading international transport and social research institute, to develop and introduce two TravelSmart schemes within the region. These schemes will help to remove the barriers preventing greater use of walking, cycling and public transport. This will have benefits in terms of addressing carbon emissions and supporting healthier lifestyles. The project will also help to sustain public transport links between key settlements and strategic employment sites and thus address key Wales Spatial Plan access outcomes. The project links with the Regional Transport Plan for South West Wales in terms of the ?smarter choices? strategy, the policies and the programme.
- Ardaloedd gofodol y bydd y prosiect yn eu cynnwys: De-Orllewin Cymru
- Pwy fydd y buddiolwyr yn y pen draw?: Local residents, bus and coach passengers, bus & rail operators, businesses, employers and retailers, cyclists, pedestrians, visitors, mobility impaired.
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: SWWITCH and the constituent Local Authorities, Sustrans and Socialdata
- Pa allbynnau (mesurau gweithgarwch) allai fod i'r prosiect?: A comprehensive programme of intervention leading to: ? Improved marketing information on local bus services and in relation to regional car sharing scheme ? New local sustainable travel maps and guides showing walking, cycling and public transport routes, plus ,local amenities in the project area ? New bus stop specific timetables for stops in the project area ? Improvements to facilities for pedestrians, cyclists and those with mobility impairments
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: TravelSmart programmes delivered by Sustrans and Socialdata since 2003-4 have all resulted in significant increases in the use of sustainable modes leading to a relative reduction of between 9 and 14% in car (driver) trips across target populations and accompanying increases in use of public transport, walking and cycling. This project is expected to result in: ? A reduction in single occupancy car use, ? Increases in cycling, walking and bus/rail patronage ? Increases in time spent using active travel modes
- Beth fyddai effaith y prosiect?: Increased level of walking, cycling and public transport use, leading to a reduction in congestion as a result of ? Increased modal shift, ? Healthier lifestyles and reduced obesity ? Reductions in job/training opportunities not taken up due to access barriers
- Beth yw'r amcangyfrif o gost y prosiect?: £8,000,000