Organisation name: CTA Cymru/Wales
Submitted: 31/07/2009 by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organisation core business: Support and development of community transport sector in Wales
- What will the project do?: The project will develop the capacity of community transport (CT) operators across the Convergence area to deliver an enhanced range of services, aimed at assisting those disadvantaged by location, disability, age and/or poverty, to access volunteering, training or employment opportunities. Service provision would build upon the legislative changes introduced under the Local Transport Act 2008 which came into effect on 1 April 2009. Different kinds of 'Travel to Opportunities' schemes would target young and economically inactive people, those in rural areas, and disabled people for whom conventional public transport may not be an option. Transport to out-of-town enterprise or industrial parks which are poorly served with transport along with provision of out-of-hours services for shift workers could also be options. A package of initiatives will be developed, depending on the needs of the individual and level of demand, e.g. pre-booked, dial-a-ride type service, specialist community car clubs, moped loans such as Wheels to Work etc. CT will deliver pre-booked or scheduled feeder services into the rail and bus network and into local "hubs" in town and village centres, providing seamless journeys using different operators for long distance journeys. The project will also facilitate interchange between services through Travel Training and Assisted Travel Services, and will improve the marketing of services, particularly to those who are most isolated and hard-to-reach. The project will operate on a competitive tendering basis, and provide funding for software, vehicle running costs, drivers' wages and/or volunteer expenses on a Full Cost Recovery (FCR) basis. Although there is some capacity for Dial-a Ride services within existing fleets, the project will also provide revenue funding for lease of additional vehicles, including low floor vehicles to accommodate service users' requirements.
- Regional area(s) to be covered by the project: All Convergence
- Who will be the end beneficiaries?: Young people, those living in rural areas where there is limited or no public transport, and disabled people who may be unable to access conventional public transport.
- Who will be involved in delivering the project?: CTA will manage the project, which will delivered by CT operators within the Convergence area.
- What might be the outputs (activity measures) of the project?: Passenger transport improved; intermodal facilities created or improved.
- What might be the results of the project?: Gross jobs created; gross passenger kilometres on public transport; jobs accommodated; participants accommodated.
- What would the project's impact be?: Net jobs created; net passenger kilometres on passenger transport; populations within travel thresholds of key centres.
- What is the project estimated cost?: