Enw'r sefydliad: Horn Development Association Limited
Cyflwynwyd: 19/04/2010 gan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Busnes craidd y sefydliad: To promote self-reliance and to empower the community and to enhance transferable skills.
- Beth fydd y prosiect yn ei wneud?: The project is focused among other things on remoulding the total personality of ex-offenders as a remedy to re-offending. Among the many areas of HDA interests for the good of the society is to provide related employment training programmes to the young Ex-Offenders in Ethics, integrity, and in Entrepreneurial Skills Development. The training in these areas is geared to making these unfortunate people become easily accepted back by their local communities and society at large. Additionally, the training will make them self-employed, and which act, we believe, will cause them financial independence, as well as employable people in various corporations. This kind of training will make them quit the stigma of being rejected or disliked any more by the society. Thus causing the needed confidence and hope in their lives. The departure from financial dependence syndrome will make them socially regarded. Thus causing them to re-gain sense of reliability and believability by the society. After the above training, the ex-offenders will become producers of products and services rather than just remain consuming agents from handouts. This will also be a one way of turniong ex-offenders into job opportunity providers through the acquired knowlegde of entrepreneurship skills development.
- Ardaloedd gofodol y bydd y prosiect yn eu cynnwys: De-ddwyrain Cymru
- Pwy fydd y buddiolwyr yn y pen draw?: 1.The young ex-offenders themselves.2. The local communities. 3. The Families of the Ex-offenders. 4. The employers will benefit from Ex-offenders as part of their potential workforce. 5. Ex-offenders will be a role-model. 6. Public resources saved.
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: HDA has proffessional experst with long time experience who will be engaged on the deliver of services in these project. HDA has made up partnerships with related outside voluntary experts who will be training our clients in other jobs skills.
- Pa allbynnau (mesurau gweithgarwch) allai fod i'r prosiect?: We have accordingly designed a programme which would commence right at the early weeks of the sentence period of the Ex-offenders. In addition to ongoing training for Skills and employment programme, we want to train and upskill these people in ETHICS AND INTEGRITY of which course composition would be geared to sensitising prisoners for SELF-AWARENESS. This training would continue all the way through the end of the sentence period. A long side with the probation Services, we would continue with the remaining part of the Ethics and integrity course, coupled with additional training for various employment skills. This would run for at least two or three months when we shall have fixed the ex-offenders into the appropriate jobs through our work placement office, This will be realised through the already created partnerships with the employers. The above proposed course will entail among other things the following:- 1. The definition of Ethics and integrity. 2. Search into the originality of moral principles. 3. Moral principles and Self-interests. 4. Morality and personal values 5. Moral choices facing employee 6. Obligations of employee to the Firm 7. Acceptance of moral principles 8. Effects of Bribes and Kickbacks 9. Effects of Gifts and Entertainment. We shall endeavour to involve the families of the Young Ex-Offenders, Local Community Council Leaders, Probation officers, and other partners from the Voluntary Sector and Statutory Bodies. HDA believes that after the general exposure, all these people will have a basis to support Ex-Offenders continue forging positive changes in their life. Additionally , to cause self employment, we shall further train these people into entrepreneurship skills development which will empower them to operate proffessionally their own enterprises. Through our voluntasry partnerships, some of these people will be trained in other job related vocational skills. Our staff and volunteers are supporting individuals into employability and training. As such, each support option is designed with flexibility and innovation in mind, allowing our personal advisors to tailor support services to each customer?s specific circumstances.
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: Given the intensity of all the strategies driven towards reducing re-offending by Regional re-offending Managers, Regional Directors of Learning and Skills Councils, Re-offending corporate alliance, skills jobs in prisons and probation services, together with the voluntary sector and Statutory body; HDA believes that a course of Ethics and integrity would be an overall crowning effort as it gives a long time lasting personality rehabilitation. Furthermore, by training these people in enterpreneurship skills development ( not just business start-ups), many of them will be empowered to own and operate proffessionally their enterprises. Thus causing them financial independence and job providers. It is firmly believed that if the ex-offender are professionally and skillfully carried through the above course programme, it will yield to them a sense of self-awareness. Thus realising their potentials and become productive in their respective communities. They will start hating unlawful acts by using their independent judgements. They will be helpful to other members of the community or at work. They will regain a sense of self-confidence. The stigma of unwanted by the community will disappear from their considerations as they make positive actions and reactions to various activities in the community. They will hate to be a burden on public resources, or otherwise, but seriously considering more to become self-reliant financially. Finally, re-offending will completely disappear as ex-offenders acquire personality reform, skills and employment, and gain real community acceptability and reliability.
- Beth fyddai effaith y prosiect?: This project will bring about the harmony and reliable relationships in the communities of the ex-offenders. More so, the problem of insecurity that which has been caused by ex-offenders will disappear or overally minimised. Economic and social progress of the local communities will be realised from these efforts.
- Beth yw'r amcangyfrif o gost y prosiect?: £290,045