Organisation name: Pop Academy
Submitted: 10/02/2009 by email@example.com
- Organisation core business: The Pop Academy is a non for profit enterprise. Providing specialised arts and music industry education (in practise and theory) in Swansea, West Wales.
- What will the project do?: The Pop Academy will provide a developed scheme of activities within music, media and the performing arts to impact and play a direct positive role in raising the skills levels for young people 12-19 (to include NEET's, special need, BME and disabled). The training will afford young people access to further education and employment. The programm would be in line with the Welsh Assembly Government's Learning Pathways initiative.
- Regional area(s) to be covered by the project: South West Wales
- Who will be the end beneficiaries?: The project will benefit young people aged 12-19.
- Who will be involved in delivering the project?: The Pop Academy and stakeholders; Local authority, Secondary Schools, CYP partnership
- What might be the outputs (activity measures) of the project?: 75 - 100 young people aged 12-19. Increased engagement with target group. Increased number of young people engaged in employment, education and training. Increase in percentage of pupils with recognised qualifications. Increased collaboration with education/training providers and employers
- What might be the results of the project?: Raising skill levels, gaining qualifications and employment.
- What would the project's impact be?: Re-engagement of young people in training employment and education. Increasing number of young people achieving qualifications.
- What is the project estimated cost?: £600,000