Organisation name: Conwy County Borough Council
Submitted: 15/09/2011 by email@example.com
- Organisation core business: Local Authority
- What will the project do?: - To construct a visitor experience as a 'one of a kind' concept on a world scale to attract many more visitors to the area. This would be North Wales' response to the Eden Project, with innovative renewable technologies as part of the fabric of the building - Develop the potential for sustainable recreation linked to the natural environment - This will also provide a learning and skills centre for FE training in engvironmental management and wildlife, along with exotic animal husbandry.
- Regional area(s) to be covered by the project: North Wales
- Who will be the end beneficiaries?: Please see notes under 'results' below
- Who will be involved in delivering the project?: Conwy County Borough Council The National Zoological Society of Wales Coleg Llandrillo
- What might be the outputs (activity measures) of the project?: Initiatives developing the natural and/or historic environment Increased visitor numbers Gross jobs created
- What might be the results of the project?: The end beneficiaries would be - those who depend on and benefit from the North Wales Tourism Industry - Those who enjoy North Wales' natural heritage ofrfrer (incoming tourists as well as residents) - North Wales economy as a whole, driving inward investment, relocation of highly skilled workers, and retention of recent graduats - Individuals who may benefit in terms of physical, mental and social health terms - The rural community as a whole -FE and HE students in natural sciences / animal welfare and environmental management
- What would the project's impact be?: The economic and social value of North Wales' environment would be realised, enhanced and converted into practical value in terms of tourism, community, overall image and commercial worth.
- What is the project estimated cost?: £4,900,000