Enw'r sefydliad: Swansea College
Cyflwynwyd: 27/11/2009 gan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Busnes craidd y sefydliad: Education and Training
- Beth fydd y prosiect yn ei wneud?: Through the collaboration of the six Further Education Colleges in the South West Wales region, the project will adopt an innovative 'sector-based' approach to the delivery of both vocational and generic training to employed individuals, raising the skill levels of employees, and assisting employers and enterprises become adaptable to economic change. The project will provide a strategic approach to the delivery of workforce development to support productivity and progression in employment, raising the skill levels and tackling skills gaps and shortages by providing lower skilled workers with vocational skills and qualifications up to level 2 and support demand led provision up to level 3 across a variety of occupational sectors including manufacturing, construction, engineering, customer service, financial services, and hospitality.
- Ardaloedd gofodol y bydd y prosiect yn eu cynnwys: De-orllewin Cymru
- Pwy fydd y buddiolwyr yn y pen draw?: Employers and employeers across the South West Region
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: The proposal is being led by Swansea College, on behalf of six Further Education Institutions (FEIs) in South Wales. The Colleges are Coleg Ceredigion, Coleg Sir Gar, Gorseinon College, Pembrokeshire College, and Neath Port Talbot College.
- Pa allbynnau (mesurau gweithgarwch) allai fod i'r prosiect?: Total Particpants 1,000 Total Female partcipants 600 Particpants Accessing level 2 training 650 Participants Accessing level 3 training 350 Learning and Development strategies 1
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: Participants gaining qualifications 800 At level 2 520 At level 3 280
- Beth fyddai effaith y prosiect?: The main impact of the project will be to: i) Support progression in employment through flexible training and learning provision; ii) Help low skilled workers to gain the additional skills and qualifications needed to sustain their employment, improve productivity and increase earnings via career progression; iii) Support a regional approach to the delivery of workforce development based on shared resources; iv) Provide a strategic approach to the delivery of work placed training and avoid duplication of provision within the region; v) Deliver learning programmes, qualifications and vocational training; vi) Meet employer demand in a local context in terms of skills needs and gaps; vii) Respond to the research and outcomes of the DCELLS Sector Priority Fund project; and viii) Deliver the actions identified by the SSAs and the Sector Skills Qualifications Strategy list.
- Beth yw'r amcangyfrif o gost y prosiect?: £6,900,000