Organisation name: Ebbw Vale Green Business Park Limited
Submitted: 02/10/2009 by Janet@plasticssortinglimited.co.uk
- Organisation core business: Business park development and management
- What will the project do?: Develop a materials conservation hub (MCH) in Ebbw Vale, establishing a model which can be replicated elsewhere in Wales and the UK. To this end, the project will work closely with The Arts Factory to develop a second MCH at Ferndale in the Rhondda valley.
- Regional area(s) to be covered by the project: South East Wales
- Who will be the end beneficiaries?: Park tenants (some of which will be social enterprises), their staff and the wider economic community of the Heads of the Valleys region.
- Who will be involved in delivering the project?: Ebbw Vale Green Business Park Ltd Ebbw Vale and District Development Trust Cleanstream Group CIC
- What might be the outputs (activity measures) of the project?: Enterprises assisted
- What might be the results of the project?: - Gross jobs created - Energy saved - Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions - Investment induced - Waste reduced, reused and recycled - Enterprises operating EMS that requires monitoring and reporting of carbon emissions
- What would the project's impact be?: - Net jobs created - Net waste recovered - Net reduction in greenhouse gas emissions - Increase in company-level GVA
- What is the project estimated cost?: £11,000,000