Organisation name: Enviroparks (Hirwaun) Ltd
Submitted: 04/08/2009 by email@example.com
- Organisation core business: The production of green energy from waste
- What will the project do?: Create a fully serviced and bespoke development site with an area of 18 acres for the receipt and treatment of waste, generation of renewable energy and the establishment of high-energy industrial user(s). A further potential phase would also create a dedicated fuel preparation area to sort and prepare waste for use by on-site or off-site treatment facilities.
- Regional area(s) to be covered by the project: South East Wales
- Who will be the end beneficiaries?: Businesses and public sector organisations with significant resource efficiency and waste management issues.
- Who will be involved in delivering the project?: Enviroparks (Hirwaun) Ltd.
- What might be the outputs (activity measures) of the project?: Direct and indirect jobs, production of green energy, diversion of waste from landfill, improving skill levels.
- What might be the results of the project?: Reduction in the tonnage of waste sent to landfill, an increase in the re-use and recycling of waste, reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
- What would the project's impact be?: The ability when fully developed to treat 250,000 tonnes per annum of waste currently going to landfill, production of recyclate materials, and production of renewable energy.
- What is the project estimated cost?: £41,000,000