Enw'r sefydliad: Swansea University
Cyflwynwyd: 22/03/2011 gan email@example.com
- Busnes craidd y sefydliad: Education
- Beth fydd y prosiect yn ei wneud?: The project will establish the purpose built Swansea Bay Innovation Centre (SBIC) at a new site at the entrance to the city. It will be part of the exciting Innovation Hub being funded from a range of sources including a very substantial private sector contribution. The SBIC will provide world class facilities for innovation, industrial research, product design and development and industrial collaboration. The SBIC will be located in the Innovation Hub which will be a state of the art landmark building with advanced design features including the promotion of an open innovation environment. The University has a long and successful track record of carrying out industrially focussed and relevant research and has also delivered a number of successful European projects. This experience has informed the project planning process and the proposal will provide a centre which encompasses best practice in working with large and small companies in a stimulating and effective way. The project will also provide additional opportunities by inspiring graduates and others to form start ups and will promote engagement with existing Enterprises by developing industrial collaborations leading to added value for both the University and these Enterprises.
- Ardaloedd gofodol y bydd y prosiect yn eu cynnwys: Holl Ardal Gydgyfeirio
- Pwy fydd y buddiolwyr yn y pen draw?: Primarily Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) and Multi National Enterprises (MNEs), but some additional benefit for individuals including new graduates, spin outs and start up companies.
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: Swansea University and it's Partners
- Pa allbynnau (mesurau gweithgarwch) allai fod i'r prosiect?: Enterprises Assisted, Innovation Centre and R&D Facilities Developed, Collaborative Projects.
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: Jobs Created, New Enterprises Created, Investment Induced, New Products, Processes and Services Registered and Launched and a significant contribution to Cross Cutting Themes.
- Beth fyddai effaith y prosiect?: The project will have both short and long term benefits for the region. In the short term, the establishment of the SBIC will make use of a former brown field site and convert it to a valuable asset. In the medium and longer term, it will provide a facility for effective engagement between the University, its Partners and Enterprises to assist in industrial research resulting in supply chain enhancement, product development and knowledge transfer activities thus contributing to the economic and social improvement of the region.
- Beth yw'r amcangyfrif o gost y prosiect?: £30,000,000