Enw'r sefydliad: National Library of Wales
Cyflwynwyd: 06/10/2010 gan email@example.com
- Busnes craidd y sefydliad: National Library of Wales
- Beth fydd y prosiect yn ei wneud?: Digitisation for Business (DfB) is a project run by the National Library of Wales (the Library) to support Convergence companies, primarily SMEs, in exploiting digital technologies. The Library will deliver tailored business information to address specific issues linked to digitisation for business improvement. (Digitisation is defined as translating paper or other objects from its original form into digital form, and making it available, usually on the Internet, for all to see.) The project aims to equip Welsh businesses located in the Convergence region with the knowledge vision and opportunities to exploit and re-use the largest repository of bilingual digital cultural heritage relating to Wales. Businesses will be coached in using digital technologies to drive innovation and strengthen their local and global competitiveness. This project will help in delivering a Digital Wales. The National Library of Wales has a unique position in the Convergence region as an expert on digitisation and related technologies and the DfB project will give companies what they need in terms of access to the Library’s digitisation expertise and digital content, to enable them to compete in moving up the value chain. The following group of enterprises will receive assistance: creative industries including TV, Music, Film and New media, professional family history/genealogists, translators, design studios, craft industries for designs (pottery, textiles etc.), artists, research and cultural heritage. A key part of the project is the delivery of information sessions to disseminate the expertise the Library has gained over the past decade, building upon the reputation for quality of service offered by the Library. Project activity is additional to the statutory business of the Library. The Library’s collections and services exist to meet the needs of all who can benefit from them. Businesses currently feature in the user group. A range of information services will be developed to satisfy the needs of specific user groups.
- Ardaloedd gofodol y bydd y prosiect yn eu cynnwys: Holl Ardal Gydgyfeirio
- Pwy fydd y buddiolwyr yn y pen draw?: SMEs and the business community in West Wales and the Valleys
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: The National Library of Wales
- Pa allbynnau (mesurau gweithgarwch) allai fod i'r prosiect?: Enterprises assisted, individuals assisted.
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: Gross jobs created, new / improved products, processes or services.
- Beth fyddai effaith y prosiect?: Net jobs created. Impact indicators will be assessed through evaluation.
- Beth yw'r amcangyfrif o gost y prosiect?: £2,400,000