Organisation name: PSBA
Submitted: 24/11/2009 by email@example.com
- Organisation core business: Network related services for the public sector in Wales
- What will the project do?: PSBA aims to ultimately connect every public sector site in Wales with high speed, secure, best value broadband services. That network will be augmented with a wide range of other services, all procured by the public sector, for the public sector. Benefits include: ? Saving money ? Enabling more shared services to be deployed ? Encouraging further cross sector collaboration in many fileds ? Enabling the work of LSBs ? Excellent platform for a range of shared services
- Regional area(s) to be covered by the project: All Convergence
- Who will be the end beneficiaries?: All public service delivery organisations
- Who will be involved in delivering the project?: The PSBA partnership - a joint governance model led by the Welsh Assembly Government, with the strong support of public sector stakeholders ? Individual public sector organisations ? Logicalis UK, the PSBA network supplier
- What might be the outputs (activity measures) of the project?: Step change in the rate of organisations joining PSBA ? All major public service organisations in the convergence area joining PSBA by end of 2011/12 financial year ? More than 10 pilot collaboration projects based on PSBA, extensible across the convergence area
- What might be the results of the project?: Public service organisations accessing a range of collaborative shared services across PSBA. ? A better network (faster, more secure, more reliable, better value, more extensible) for the public sector ? A strong community of users on a standardised infrastructure, with teh skills and experience of using it to share services across organisational boundaries.
- What would the project's impact be?: The public sector in Wales will be hugely better connected, in every sense. Substantial savings will release money for front line service, themselves built on a an efficient shared infrastruture.
- What is the project estimated cost?: £47,000,000