Enw'r sefydliad: Cambrian Hydro Power limited
Cyflwynwyd: 28/10/2009 gan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Busnes craidd y sefydliad: Hydro Power projects
- Beth fydd y prosiect yn ei wneud?: To produce renewable energy, To have a positive environmental impact (Locally and Nationally)
- Ardaloedd gofodol y bydd y prosiect yn eu cynnwys: Canol Cymru
- Pwy fydd y buddiolwyr yn y pen draw?: Local and National population
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: Cambrian Hydro Power, Ceredigion County Council, Local contractors.
- Pa allbynnau (mesurau gweithgarwch) allai fod i'r prosiect?: Power generation (200KW for 8 months every year) Improvement in water quality in the Ystwyth river as measured by the environmental agency. Carbon Budget saving of 500g of CO2 per KWH = target of 500-600 metric tonnes every year
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: To produce renewable energy for 25 years minimum To improve infrastructure and safety around the derelict mine workings. The mountain road to Rhyadar where it passes the old Cwmystwyth Mine workings is subject to periodic flooding and icing over. These effects should be mitigated by the re-routing of runoff around the mine workings and under the mountain road in a suitable culvert To provide the opportunity locally for long-term employment (part-time) and some short-term employment during the construct phase of the scheme. To provide educational and recreational access to information about hydro power generation especially in relation to the Cwmystwyth historical site;
- Beth fyddai effaith y prosiect?: To have a positive environmental impact on the locality by improving the water quality in the Ystwyth river. This will be a natural consequence of the scheme as proposed because it will reduce significantly the amount of rain water runoff through the mine workings (where it picks up toxic material from the spoil heaps, flooded shafts, seepage etc and deposits the same in the Ystwyth river). If water quality is improved sufficiently, there could be a further indirect economic benefit of a salmon farm being started and located downstream of Cwmystwyth. Optionally, to promote tourism in the local area by means of a visitors centre adjacent to the powerhouse that would focus on such things as the mining history / heritage of the area, hydro power and the fauna and flora found in the local habitat. This item is raised as an option at this stage.
- Beth yw'r amcangyfrif o gost y prosiect?: £770,000