Enw'r sefydliad: Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
Cyflwynwyd: 03/06/2009 gan email@example.com
- Busnes craidd y sefydliad: Local Authority
- Beth fydd y prosiect yn ei wneud?: Community Heat and Energy Distribution; The project will capture excess energy in the form of heat and steam produced by local industry, particularly steelmaking, and utilise it in local SME's or larger companies, thereby reducing their need for energy produced from fossil fuels. This will encourage greater energy conservation and efficiency. It complements the synergy of other energy distribution and development projects in the area, enveloped in an 'Energy Valley' concept around Port Talbot. Microgeneration of electricity and development of small, medium and large scale combined heat and power units for local needs could be included. This will act as a major incentive for investment by companies with high heat and power requirements on some of the 'brownfield' sites around the Baglan Bay area. Initial market testing has generated considerable interest, particularly from the horticulture sector. The project will also develop a distribution network, and if feasible to do so, utilise existing redundant pipelines and new roads under development. The reduction the use of fossil fuels by using readily available surplus heat as an alternative will improve energy efficiency, reduce the carbon footprint of industry and premises in Neath Port Talbot and, consequently, reduce levels of pollution. The project will encompass areas of research and development currently ongoing in the Low Carbon Research Institute (LCRI), comprising Welsh Universities, and, will assist WAG in delivering its Energy Policy and the Green Jobs for Wales Strategy.
- Ardaloedd gofodol y bydd y prosiect yn eu cynnwys: De-Orllewin Cymru
- Pwy fydd y buddiolwyr yn y pen draw?: Main beneficiaries will be the Local Authority, SME's, major industry, developers, employers, employees and the local community.
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: Neath Port Talbot CBC and Corus will deliver the project in partnership, along with other heat producers and stakeholders including academic institutions.
- Pa allbynnau (mesurau gweithgarwch) allai fod i'r prosiect?: Heat produced and utilised - megawatt hours; Length of distribution network - km; Electricity generated - megawatt hours
- Pa ganlyniadau allai fod i'r prosiect?: Reduction in Carbon Footprint and the more efficient use of fossil fuels.
- Beth fyddai effaith y prosiect?: A cleaner environment, increased investment and consequential employment, development of clean energy technologies and improved energy efficiency.
- Beth yw'r amcangyfrif o gost y prosiect?: